Les 3 sex* is a charityorganization that fights for sexual rights and sexual health by mobilizing the population around sexological issues. Les 3 sex* positions itself as an expert in the creation of awareness campaigns aimed at transforming in a positive way the harmful and negative perceptions of the population towards women and people of sexual and gender diversity.
To learn more about current projects, visit our project page.
- The right and recognition for one to flourish, take pleasure, and develop their sexual agency without any and all constraints, in all reflections, choices, and actions concerning one’s sexuality entirely.
- The right to easily accessible, up to date, reliable, valid, and quality education and information, regarding all political, legal, sociological, psychological, and medical aspects of sexuality.
- The right to equality and dignity socially, politically, legally, and medically regardless of gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, and gender expression that can be freely defined.
- The right to safety and inclusion for all sexual and relational components while respecting and protecting psychological and physical integrity, without any and all discrimination or violence.
- The right to benefit from scientific and technological advances, and appropriate, free, confidential access to care, services, treatments, and quality sexual and reproductive health products.
The activities of Les 3 sex* are divided into three components that aim to defend sexual rights and health by mobilizing the population around sexological issues. Each component is supervised by a member of the executive committee but is fueled by the extraordinary work of over fifty volunteer members of Les 3 sex*. All of the component's activities make it possible to fight for sexual rights and health in a complementary manner, at different levels, to have a major and lasting impact.
Dissemination component: The dissemination component consists of disseminating reliable, up-to-date, and popularized sexological information to inform and educate specialists, interveners, and professionals in sexological fields, as well as the general population. This component includes our continuing education activities such as the annual Sexuality and Technology conference, as well as our magazines, online or printed. The content disseminated is varied, supported by evidence, and offered in an accessible, informative format and based on the development of critical thinking.
Awareness component: The awareness component aims to sensitize and make the general population aware of sexological issues. The activities of this component take the form of projects, such as awareness campaigns that highlight multiple realities. Under this component is also the political committee of the organization that works to define the positions of the organization in matters of sexual rights.
Education component: The education component participates in the education of the population on issues related to sexual rights and health. Currently, this component is particularly focused on sexual education among young people in the goal of deconstructing problematic social discourses that negatively impact their well-being. The SexURL workshops as well as the Raw Forms: Sexualized Bodies, are part of this component.
The Les 3 sex* organization has nearly 50 members who provide a minimum of 120 hours of volunteer involvement a year. These members make up the General Assembly, who are regularly called upon to express thoughts on and the means to be taken to enable the Les 3 sex* organization to fulfill its mission.
On average, the Assembly gathers three times per year. Between these meetings, members are invited to vote online on operational decisions.
At the Annual General Meeting, members must fill vacant positions on the Board of Directors. The terms of office are for two years.
Mylène de Repentigny-Corbeil: President, Chief Executive
Mariane Gilbert: Vice-president, Administrative Director
Isabel Thériault: Vice-president, Communications Director
Léo-Frédérik Leroux: Vice-president, Diffusion Director
Estelle Cazelais: Vice-president, Education Director
Marianne Couture-Cossette: Vice-president, Awareness Director
Caterine Bourassa-Dansereau: Independent Administrator, Professor at Département de communication sociale et publique (UQAM)
Carole-Ann Joanisse: Independant Administrator, Sexology Ph.D. candidate (UQAM)
To see all members of Les 3 sex*, visit the Team section.