Les 3 sex* is launching its first fundraising campaign in order to fight against financial precariousness and to support the organization’s perpetuation. Throughout November, we will be releasing a host of informative and entertaining videos about our projects, the sexual rights we defend, our mission and much more!
Follow us on social media to make sure you don't miss out on the 2022 Annual Giving Campaign!
Since its launch in 2016, Les 3 sex* is dedicated to fight for sexual rights and sexual health by mobilizing the public around sexological issues. Nearly thirty projects have been implemented: a dozen large-scale awareness campaigns, more than 500 attendees to our 5 editions of "Sexualities and Technologies" symposium, and more than 2000 summaries of sexological news, reviews of sexological tools, surveys, testimonials, and much more!
In the event of our first annual donation campaign, and to thank you for your support
each donation made during the month of November could be accompanied by one or more gifts!
*Details for each gift can be found on the “projects” page of our website
All of these sections - motivated by different goals- are meant as a contribution to autonomous popular education. We cover a wide range of issues and phenomena related to sexual rights and sexual health. In addition, the online magazine
- participates in maintaining the social mobilization of our community for the defense of sexual rights, and;
- provides a platform for referral and advocacy on sexual health issues.
By making a donation to the organization, you support us in continuing to create content for the online magazine.
Thanks to your support, Les 3 sex* will be able to spend more time on policy work. This can be made through:
Meeting with elected officials to advocate for an array of demands related to sexual rights, such as:
- involving community organizations in decision-making processes related to sexual health, sexual rights and sexuality education;
- systematic inclusion of sexual education in school curriculum at the primary, secondary and college levels;
- granting substantial financial support for awareness campaigns;
- commitment to sexual rights advocacy through sexual education in educational workshops;
- writing sexual rights advocacy materials for the general public.
Media monitoring and writing of position statements for sexual rights (e.g. access to abortion, inclusive and comprehensive sexuality education);
Daily support in our mission (i.e: writing opinion letters based on our political commitee’s positions);
Implementing awareness campaigns covering issues obscured by granting agencies' calls for projects.
As a non-profit organization, Les 3 sex* is entitled to deliver donation receipts for all donations over $25. This means your donations are tax deductible.
By making a donation to Les 3 sex*, you are fighting against the precariousness of the organization and supporting its perpetuation.
Thank you for trusting us!
Les 3 sex*, just like a lot of other community organizations, is dealing with financial precariousness. For several years now, organizations have been suffering from a decrease in so-called "mission-based" grants. Mission funding means the organization receives an annual amount that allows, among other things, to pay for administrative expenses such as the rental of premises,remuneration of administrative staff, current operations, maintenance of permanent activities, etc.
In order to obtain project-based grants, organizations are required to compete against each other. This has serious implications for the ability of organizations to respond to their mission. Project-based grants typically have strong limitations that organizations must comply with, such as:
- dependency on priorities selected by governmental departments;
- very short time frame;
- only a small portion of the budget (between 10% and 15%) can be allocated to administrative fees (administrative staff salaries, rent, insurance, accounting, etc.).
In addition, the lack of guaranteed recurrence of grants and the short duration of projects (rarely lasting more than two years) contributes to making community organizations even more precarious.
Furthermore, NPOs cannot declare profits at the end of their fiscal year, or transfer money from one year to the next.
For these reasons, Les 3 sex* needs to diversify its sources of revenue. This would allow us to tackle issues less frequently targeted by government calls for projects, to take a variety of political actions and to defend sexual rights among the general population.
Thanks to your financial support, Les 3 sex* will be able to dedicate itself fully and freely to the defense and fight for sexual rights and sexual health.
We need your help in order to keep promoting sexual rights and sexual health. Your financial support can make a big difference.
Here is how you can help:
- One-time donation: With this, you allow us to invest in our mission without being beholden to a granting organization
- Monthly donation: With a recurring donation, you allow us to have a sense of cash flow while giving us the flexibility to invest in our mission without being beholden to a granting organization;
- Sharing our posts on social media and with your friends and family: Reposting our donation campaign on your social networks is a concrete way to help us and help reach our fundraising goals.
“Les 3 sex* is a crucial organization for sexual rights. Their work isn’t covered by any other organization, and it is necessary.” (direct translation)
“As a researcher in sexuality and teacher, I consider Les 3 sex* essential in educating, defending and supporting sexual rights!” (direct translation)
“A rigorous organization that defends the rights of sexual minorities and promotes sexual health. We must support, encourage and allow them to exist and carry out their mission without constraint.” (direct translation)
“Les 3 sex* is so important in the world of sexology and sexual rights. Long live this great organization!” (direct translation)
“Les 3 sex* is an organization that has always stood out for its scientific rigor. We need a resource that demonstrates as much professionalism and innovation to continue to adequately challenge public opinion on sexual rights and sexual health." (direct translation)
In only 6 years, Les 3 sex* has produced nearly twenty quality projects pertaining to its mission. Close to half these projects have been entirely self-funded and autonomous.
- Raw Forms : sexual bodies [➦]
- #PorteTaCause : fighting for sexual health one t-shirt at a time [➦]
- Les 3 James | Season 1 [➦
- #BeachBody [➦]
- #BodyHairMovement [➦]
- Magazine 001 | Avant-garde [➦]
- Sexualities and Technologies Annuel Symposium [➦]
- Flash Day: Tattooed for Sexual and Gender Diversity [➦]
- Magazine 002 | Sexualités oubliées [➦]
- Apprendre et agir [➦]
Ideas and content:
- Estelle Cazelais (content and scenario)
- Marianne Couture-Cossette (scenario)
- Mariane Gilbert (creation)
- Estelle Cazelais (direction)
- Marianne Couture-Cossette (artistic direction)
- Francis Riendeau
- Felicia Couturier
Communications and graphic design:
- Raphaël Desmaison (visual director, graphic design)
- Catherine Légaré (communications and marketing advisor)
- Isabel Thériault (communications director)
Translation and editing:
- Magali Guilbault-Fitzbay (editing)
- Luisina Sosa Rey (editing)
- Florence Bois-Villeneuve - Oktocom language services (translation of subtitles)
- Marianne Couture-Cossette (translation)
- Isabel Thériault (director)
- Mariane Gilbert (management)
- Mylène de Repentigny-Corbeil (supervision)