M.A. Communication (UQAM)
B.A. International Relations and International Law (UQAM)
Member since October 2018
Mylène holds a Bachelor’s degree in International Relations and International Law, as well as a Master’s degree in Communications (with a concentration in International and Intercultural Communications). Her thesis looks at first generation LGBTQ+ Morrocan immigrants’ perceived and lived discriminations in Montreal, through an intersectional and queer approach.
Coordinator of the Observatoire sur le Moyen-Orient et l'Afrique du Nord of the Raoul-Dandurand Chair in Strategic and Diplomatic Studies, she is particularly interested in questions relating to sexuality and to sociocultural and religious issues in Quebec, Canada, North Africa and the Middle East. Since 2017, she has been the coordinator of a research project on the sexuality and identity negotiation strategies of young Montrealers of second generation immigration, overseen by Professor Catherine Bourassa-Dansereau. Since 2020, she has also been working for the IRIPI, the Institut de recherche sur l’intégration professionnelle des immigrants du Collège Maisonneuve , as a consultant.
Passionate about culture and literature, she is an assistant to the directors of the Festival international de la littérature (FIL) , while also a columnist for the Les Herbes Folles program on CISM 89,3, as well as for the literary blog Page par page.
To contact Mylène by email, click here.
pronouns : she/her
- Endométriose et fibrome utérin : de la souffrance à l'action • Book
- Awareness campaign on sextortion
- Theatre • Sappho
- January • Cultural Suggestions
- Protagoniste de ton cyberplaisir • Cultural Suggestions
- Essay • Une guerre mondiale contre les femmes
- April • Cultural Suggestions
- March • Cultural Suggestions
- Graphic novel • Fruit of Knowledge
- Graphic novel • Ni bon ni mauvais ni tout à fait le contraire
- Bande dessinée • Trop n'est pas assez
- Awareness Campaign • La diversité est dans le pré
- Sexological Cultural Suggestions • Documentaries
- Sexological Cultural Suggestions • Poetry
- Sexological Cultural Suggestions • Magazines
- Graphic Novel • My Favorite Thing Is Monsters
- Essai • Les règles... quelle aventure!
- Essai • Corps accord : guide de sexualité positive
- Sexological Cultural Suggestions • Movies
- Sexological Cultural Suggestions • Series
- Sexological Cultural Suggestions • Novels
- Sexological Cultural Suggestions • Essays
- Sexological Cultural Suggestions • Comic Books and Graphic Novels
- Sexological Cultural Suggestions • Podcasts
- Catalog: Les 3 sex* in Isolation