Advertising and Male Violence [➦]
• Education and/or awareness program
• Educational activities
• Educational workshops
5 sessions of 60 minutes
Release Date and Last Update
2013 (no update as of the review date)
To make students aware of the ways in which male violence is used and promoted in advertising. Students will demonstrate:
- an awareness of various violent male archetypes that are used in advertising.
- an understanding of the effects of media violence on young men.
- an understanding of the dominance of these violent archetypes in advertising that targets young men.
- an understanding of their own feelings toward these archetypes.
*** Note that this description was written by MediaSmarts. ***
MediaSmarts. (2012). Advertising and Male Violence. Retrieved from https://mediasmarts.ca/lessonplan/advertising-and-male-violence-lesson
To Access the Tool
No further details are available for the moment. If you are a subscriber of The 3 sex * and know this tool, we encourage you to complete the evaluation in the comments.
In case of a problem with the tool listed, we invite you to write to the team.