Gynéco Positive [➦]
• Women, trans and non-binary people
• Support resources
Release Date and Last Update
Gynéco Positive was born from a general need for safety and respect when consulting a professional for gynecological concerns in the unceded indigenous territory of Quebec. Unfortunately, for many people these consultations are synonymous with judgment, paternalism and aggression. For others, they can mean dehumanizing births, painful vaginal exams or inappropriate comments about their bodies. Because of situations like this, more and more people are viewing gynecology as a dehumanizing practice and are demanding better care.
Gynéco Positive intends to build a list of professionals (family doctors, gynecologists, etc.) whose practices are made by and for their users while also being positive, feminist and anti-oppressive*.
* Feminist, positive and anti-oppressive gynecology means: sharing knowledge and experiences that help us to re-appropriate our bodies. What exactly does this involve? Whenever we have a gynecological visit, we expect that :
- our choices, our bodies and our identities are respected;
- we are able to say no to an exam that we feel is inappropriate or which we do not want;
- we are sufficiently informed about proposed treatments or procedures;
- our comments, worries and questions are heard.
*** Note that this description was written by Gynéco Positive. ***
Gynéco Positive. (n.d.). Gynéco Positive. Retrieved from http://gynecopositive.com
To Access the Tool
No further details are available for the moment. If you are a subscriber of The 3 sex * and are familiar with this tool, we encourage you to complete the evaluation in the comments.
In case of a problem with the tool listed, please do not hesitate to contact our team.